How To Pray The Holy Rosary
JOYFUL MYSTERIES (Mondays & Saturdays, and Sundays in Christmas season)
- The Annunciation of the Lord
- The Visitation of Mary to Saint Elizabeth
- The Nativity of the Divine Child
- The Presentation in the Temple
- The Finding of the Child Jesus in the Temple
(Lk 2:41 52)
LUMINOUS MYSTERIES (Thursdays)
- The Baptism of Lord
- The Wedding Feast at Cana
- The Proclamation of the Kingdom
- The Transfiguration of the Lord
- The Institution of the Eucharist
SORROWFUL MYSTERIES (Tuesdays & Fridays, and Sundays in Lent)
- Agony in the Garden
- The Scourging at the Pillar
- The Crowing with Thorns
- The Carrying of the Cross
- The Crucifixion
GLORIOUS MYSTERIES (Wednesdays & Sundays)
- The Resurrection of Jesus Christ
- The Ascension of Our Lord to Heaven
- Descent of the Holy Spirit
- The Assumption of the Blessed Virgin Mary to Heaven
- The Coronation of the Blessed Virgin Mary
(Rev 12:1; Song 6:10)
1.Initial Prayer: By the sign of the Holy Cross, O Lord deliver us from all that is evil, in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit. Amen.
2. Act of Contrition:
Close your eyes for a minute and remember all of the things (actions, words, thoughts and omissions) with which you have offended, the Lord. With profound repentance we pray:
My God, I am sorry for my sins with all my heart. In choosing to do wrong and failing to do good, I have sinned against You whom I should love above all things. I firmly intend, with Your help, to do penance, to sin no more, and to avoid whatever leads me to sin. Our Savior, Jesus Christ suffered and died for us. In His name, my God, have mercy. Amen.
3. The Apostle’s Creed:
I believe in God, the Father Almighty, Creator of Heaven and Earth; and in Jesus Christ, His only Son Our Lord, who was conceived by the Holy Spirit, born of the Virgin Mary, suffered under Pontius Pilate, was crucified, died and was buried.
He descended into Hell; the third day He rose again from the dead; He ascended into Heaven, and sitteth at the right hand of God, the Father almighty; from thence He shall come to judge the living and the dead.
I believe in the Holy Spirit, the holy Catholic Church, the communion of saints, the forgiveness of sins, the resurrection of the body and life everlasting. Amen.
4. Offering of the Rosary
- In honor and glory of the Holy Trinity
- With thanks for the gifts we have received
- For the Holy Souls in Purgatory
- For the Pope & the Holy Catholic Church; for the priests, especially those in our lives
- In atonement and reparation of our sins and those of the whole world
- For the conversion of sinners
- For the sick, dying and imprisoned
- To ask for the virtues of humility, purity, obedience, fidelity, prayer,
charity, and apostolic zeal
- For the directors, future directors, and missions of Bonds of Marian Love
- For all the souls evangelized through Bonds of Marian Love
- For the peace of the world and especially, that of our country
- For all public servants and leaders
- For an increase of holy vocations
- For an end to abortion and for the all the aborted babies
- For the intentions of the Immaculate Heart of Mary and all personal intentions
5. Come Holy Spirit, come by means of the powerful intercession of the Immaculate Heart of Mary, your well beloved spouse. (Repeat 3x).
6. With each decade of the Rosary, meditate the corresponding mystery, and pray one “Our Father,” ten “Hail Mary,” and one “Glory Be.”
7. After each decade, pray the following:
V. Mary is the mother grace, Mother of mercy,
R. In life and in death, be our help and our protection
Jesus, my God, mayest thou be ever known, adored, loved and praised every moment in the most holy and Divine Sacrament.
O my Jesus, forgive us our sins, save us from the fires of Hell, and lead all souls to Heaven, especially those in most need of Thy mercy. Amen.
May the rosary of Mary deliver us from all evil. Let us praise the heavenly queen night and day. Come Divine Will, come to reign in the hearts of Bonds of Marian Love, and in those of the whole world. Amen.
8. Prayers for the Pope, the Church, Souls in Purgatory, and to gain the indulgences of this Holy Rosary:
Pray an “Our Father,” a “Hail Mary,” and a “Glory be” for the intentions of the Holy Father and in order to gain the indulgences of this Holy Rosary.
Holy souls of Purgatory seeking relief, may God deliver you from grief and grant you eternal rest.
Our Father and Hail Mary
Eternal rest grant unto them, O Lord, and let perpetual light shine upon them.
May the souls of the faithful departed, through the Mercy of God, rest in peace. Amen.
9. Hail, Holy Queen
Hail, holy Queen, Mother of mercy, our life, our sweetness and our hope. To thee do we cry, poor banished children of Eve. To thee to we send up our sighs, mourning and weeping in this valley of tears. Turn, then, most gracious advocate, thine eyes of mercy toward us, and after this, our exile, show unto us the blessed fruit of the womb, Jesus. O clement, O loving, O sweet Virgin Mary.
V. Pray for us, O holy Mother of God.
R. That we may be made worthy of the promises of Christ.
10. Prayer to Saint Joseph
O, Saint Joseph, you whose power extends over all our needs, who knows how to make possible for us the most impossible of things, open your fatherly eyes to your children’s interests. Amen.
Saint Joseph, adoptive father of our Lord Jesus Christ, and true spouse of the Holy Virgin Mary pray for us and the dying. Amen.
O prudent and just St. Joseph, intercede for us before the Holy Trinity. Amen.
11. Prayer to Saint Michael the Archangel
Saint Michael the Archangel, defend us in battle. Be our protection against the wickedness and snares of the devil. May God rebuke him, we humbly pray; and do Thou, O Prince of the Heavenly Host – by the Divine Power of God – cast into hell, Satan and all the evil spirits, who roam throughout the world seeking the ruin of souls. Amen.
Saint Michael the Archangel, with your light illuminate us. Saint Michael the Archangel, with your wings protect us. Saint Michael the Archangel, with your sword defend us. Amen.
12. Prayer to your Guardian Angel
Angel of God, my Guardian Dear, to whom God’s love commits me here. Ever this day be at my side, to light, and guard and rule and guide. Amen.
13. Final Prayer
Purest Virgin, trusting in your power, I go with you for under your protection my soul will return safely home. Sweet Mother, do not part from me. Keep me in your sight. Accompany me everywhere, and never leave me alone. Because you protect me like a true mother, obtain from me the blessing the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit. Amen.